Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Tova

PC Gamers Look Here

I need a new pc and thinking about buying this

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B08FSXT6D4/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB&th=1

- this is cheaper than building one myself with those specs IN CANADA I checked

- the motherboard and power supply are decent; i.e they aren't the bad ones because pre-built usually have shit motherboards and risky power supply

should i wait and spend a little more to get the new AMD gpus and cpus just launched/launching?

by spending 'a little more' I mean like $500-700 CAD

1 hour ago, Nullusion said:

Depends what you plan on playing I guess

cyberpunk77, assassins creed valhalla and odyssey, cod, fifa and runescape

That's more than enough to run what you have listed.

I think scuffed and enjoi are who you wanna ask about this

14 hours ago, Tova said:

I need a new pc and thinking about buying this

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B08FSXT6D4/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB&th=1

- this is cheaper than building one myself with those specs IN CANADA I checked

- the motherboard and power supply are decent; i.e they aren't the bad ones because pre-built usually have shit motherboards and risky power supply

should i wait and spend a little more to get the new AMD gpus and cpus just launched/launching?

If you want to get yourself the;

Radeon 5700 XT  -- $400~
Ryzen 5 3600 -- $150~
1TB SSD (Samsung) - $100~
Power supply at least 600 Watts - $50 - $100
Mother board just get anything that supports Ryzen 3rd series - $100 - $150
16 GB RAM DDR4 or you can get the minimum which is 8GB at least the standard. (Depending on which MHZ for the RAM) $80 - $160

One you're saving a bit money.. You could buy the Windows on other key selling ($25) uhhh and you would just have to build it.. get a Case, mouse, keyboard, monitor and you set

Edited by Mau

11 hours ago, Mau said:

If you want to get yourself the;

Radeon 5700 XT  -- $400~
Ryzen 5 3600 -- $150~
1TB SSD (Samsung) - $100~
Power supply at least 600 Watts - $50 - $100
Mother board just get anything that supports Ryzen 3rd series - $100 - $150
16 GB RAM DDR4 or you can get the minimum which is 8GB at least the standard. (Depending on which MHZ for the RAM) $80 - $160

One you're saving a bit money.. You could buy the Windows on other key selling ($25) uhhh and you would just have to build it.. get a Case, mouse, keyboard, monitor and you set

1ranMJu.png

This is all the similar components you listed but its ryzen 7 (zen 2) like the one I linked which being sold on amazon. These prices are in canadian dollars

the total for building comes out to not including windows 10 :

dSOhwh7.png

mail-in rebates aren't actually counted so its 1563 CAD for building my own which doesn't include tax or shipping cost for the items -> compared to the 1559 CAD pre-built on amazon where shipping is free and I don't get any taxes on it (literally no tax, can't explain).

thoughts on this?

On 11/15/2020 at 1:17 AM, Tova said:

1ranMJu.png

This is all the similar components you listed but its ryzen 7 (zen 2) like the one I linked which being sold on amazon. These prices are in canadian dollars

the total for building comes out to not including windows 10 :

dSOhwh7.png

mail-in rebates aren't actually counted so its 1563 CAD for building my own which doesn't include tax or shipping cost for the items -> compared to the 1559 CAD pre-built on amazon where shipping is free and I don't get any taxes on it (literally no tax, can't explain).

thoughts on this?

I mean what are you going to be using your computer for? lol Buying the new and recent stuff doesn't always mean you'll get the best optimized or best performance

Like you could get away with buying the B450 Tomahawk
And a different ATX sized case

Edited by Mau

9 hours ago, Mau said:

I mean what are you going to be using your computer for? lol Buying the new and recent stuff doesn't always mean you'll get the best optimized or best performance

Like you could get away with buying the B450 Tomahawk
And a different ATX sized case

Programming (will run some large data set machine learning models), video editing and gaming

On 11/17/2020 at 9:19 PM, Tova said:

Programming (will run some large data set machine learning models), video editing and gaming

Ok well... the Ryzen 5 3600 is still good and more affordable.
Just have at least minimum 16gigs of RAM maybe get it at 3200ghz
SSD is a must. With a hard drive for storage
and well GPU it all depends, I render videos of 15minutes average @ 8mins and I have a Radeon RX 5700 XT

On 11/19/2020 at 10:58 AM, Mau said:

Ok well... the Ryzen 5 3600 is still good and more affordable.
Just have at least minimum 16gigs of RAM maybe get it at 3200ghz
SSD is a must. With a hard drive for storage
and well GPU it all depends, I render videos of 15minutes average @ 8mins and I have a Radeon RX 5700 XT

What do you think about the new 5000 series ryzen CPUs? Is it worth waiting a month or two for stock to replenish + 200 more CAD dollars OR just get a 3000 series CPU right now?

4 hours ago, Tova said:

What do you think about the new 5000 series ryzen CPUs? Is it worth waiting a month or two for stock to replenish + 200 more CAD dollars OR just get a 3000 series CPU right now?

I mean if you got the motherboard that supports it go for it, if not go for the one i recommended its affordable and good