Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lirk

Wilderness Update

What's one thing you would like to see change in the wilderness?

I personally would like to see a rework of the rev caves.  Move them deeper in the wilderness, without an easy escape.  I also wouldn't mind Jagex limiting wilderness access to only selected worlds.  Example, you're only allowed to go into the wilderness on 50-60 worlds.

Edited by t4ze

I think limiting worlds would be great for singles pking tbh with lms and more worlds being added finding fights been rly rare

- Less worlds

- No running when dinhs bulwark equipped u gotta walk

- move the fuckn green drag next to rev ent

13 minutes ago, Babeff said:

- Less worlds

- move the fuckn green drag next to rev ent

The bulwark would then be balanced.  Imagine that

1 hour ago, Babeff said:

That's actually a great idea.

I'd do something with the dead content. The agility course could use buffing, perhaps with risk you get better experience.

The Volcano could have more of a purpose than just for clue scrolls. It's actually an intriguing area of the wilderness that's generally useless.

Nerf the safe spots at both Callisto and Venenatis. You could include Vetion in the nerfing, but it needs to be easier to kill solo.

Make the ruins north of the graveyard relevant in some way.

Re-work the drop tables of the bosses. Any wilderness PvMing needs to be close to the best money in the game without safespots. 

Lava Dragons used to be a hot spot for PKing and now it's dead. They should add something there to attract more people. Perhaps a required combat or risk to enter the pit so it's not just all bots.

pvp damage is no longer rng

it should instead be calculated on a static fixed amount of dmg which is an equation of ur accuracy bonus vs their defensive bonus

Honestly drop tables need to be reworked, only reason to even kill some of those bosses is for the pet. Like chaos elemental drops are 9k a piece LMFAO.

Revs need to be completely changed or removed. They've been broken since release. They are a massive pk hotspot but contributed to the decline in popularity of other wilderness content. They're just way too good compared to other wilderness options in terms of drops. As if all that wasn't enough the rise of organized protection ccs has thrown all the attempts to balance them out of the window. Revs have always been stupidly popular and profitable despite the risk of being in multi but in protected worlds you get all the reward with a massively reduced risk of dying. I know rev cave is also a goldfarming hotspot but even without that it's unhealthy for the game in it's current state. 

If it were up to me, I'd move them much deeper and either make the caves singles or remove the immunity that rev bracelets give in favor of damage reduction.

Singles needs a pj timer to make solo pking less annoying 

I would like defense capped wilderness worlds (or an equivalent solution). I remember they had these on an old pserver, essentially on certain worlds only accounts with x def level or below could access it. Mains/meds hitting fights is a big issue in pure clanning which this would solve. This would fail because giving pures exclusive access to wilderness content in certain worlds gives them an unfair advantage. Possible fixes are adding equivalent but opposite worlds with pures locked out of the wilderness or removing all pvm drops, skilling and so on from those worlds. I prefer that second option because this allows options for pure clans that would like clean action and effectively restricts the amount of worlds people actually do wilderness content on. Appeals to pures, appeals to all the people that want limited number of wilderness worlds, everyone in the pvp community wins. It'll fail because 1. pvp update (especially one targeted specifically at pures) and 2. pvmers and skillers will be upset that the wildy methods they currently enjoy/abuse would become much riskier.

3 hours ago, Charbs said:

I think limiting worlds would be great for singles pking tbh with lms and more worlds being added finding fights been rly rare

24 minutes ago, Trajan said:

Revs need to be completely changed or removed. They've been broken since release. They are a massive pk hotspot but contributed to the decline in popularity of other wilderness content. They're just way too good compared to other wilderness options in terms of drops. As if all that wasn't enough the rise of organized protection ccs has thrown all the attempts to balance them out of the window. Revs have always been stupidly popular and profitable despite the risk of being in multi but in protected worlds you get all the reward with a massively reduced risk of dying. I know rev cave is also a goldfarming hotspot but even without that it's unhealthy for the game in it's current state. 

If it were up to me, I'd move them much deeper and either make the caves singles or remove the immunity that rev bracelets give in favor of damage reduction.

Singles needs a pj timer to make solo pking less annoying 

I would like defense capped wilderness worlds (or an equivalent solution). I remember they had these on an old pserver, essentially on certain worlds only accounts with x def level or below could access it. Mains/meds hitting fights is a big issue in pure clanning which this would solve. This would fail because giving pures exclusive access to wilderness content in certain worlds gives them an unfair advantage. Possible fixes are adding equivalent but opposite worlds with pures locked out of the wilderness or removing all pvm drops, skilling and so on from those worlds. I prefer that second option because this allows options for pure clans that would like clean action and effectively restricts the amount of worlds people actually do wilderness content on. Appeals to pures, appeals to all the people that want limited number of wilderness worlds, everyone in the pvp community wins. It'll fail because 1. pvp update (especially one targeted specifically at pures) and 2. pvmers and skillers will be upset that the wildy methods they currently enjoy/abuse would become much riskier.

2 hours ago, Nullusion said:

That's actually a great idea.

I'd do something with the dead content. The agility course could use buffing, perhaps with risk you get better experience.

The Volcano could have more of a purpose than just for clue scrolls. It's actually an intriguing area of the wilderness that's generally useless.

Nerf the safe spots at both Callisto and Venenatis. You could include Vetion in the nerfing, but it needs to be easier to kill solo.

Make the ruins north of the graveyard relevant in some way.

Re-work the drop tables of the bosses. Any wilderness PvMing needs to be close to the best money in the game without safespots. 

Lava Dragons used to be a hot spot for PKing and now it's dead. They should add something there to attract more people. Perhaps a required combat or risk to enter the pit so it's not just all bots.

All this should be added to a letter/reddit megapost and sent it.

loot from wildy boss is shit, would add bh 😛 was fun

I would love a update to kill all vennys at revs, How? IDK but would be cool to clear these rats

there needs to be more wilderness levels. 55 is not enough. MOVE REVS DEEPER PASS 40+

So many good ideas....It seems as if Jagex has been catering to PvM lately.  PvP would be extremely popular if they used these suggestions as a benchmark to move forward with future PvP updates.  PvP is one of the only things that can make your heart race rapidly in this game aside from the Infernal and other extremely end game PvM.  PvP is sweaty 24/7. I'd love to see it make a comeback

Wildy is dead af, they def need to do something about it

im kind of against the whole hop in and run down revs and hop. I think you shouldnt be able to long inside the caves and shouldnt be able to get out as easy. I miss the days of actual fighting